- Gold coast
Visitor Figures up for Queensland
Back to blog homepageDecember 23rd, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Queensland tourism is finally on the up, according to the Brisbane Times.
Tourism has slumped over the last five years in the Sunshine State, says the Brisbane Times. This has been due to competition from Asia, which has been offering cheaper holidays.
Now, however, Tourism and Events Queensland has announced that Queensland welcomed an extra 400,000 visitors last year (July 2011-June 2012) compared with the year before.
The figures also showed that increased tourism is coming from both interstate and international travellers. According to Queensland Tourism Industry Council chairman Shane O’Reilly, fewer people are choosing to travel overseas for their holidays, accounting for the rise in interstate visitors. The international figure was boosted by Chinese tourists.
Visitors are also booking longer holidays in Queensland now, with the average stay being 7.4 days, up more than a day from 6.2 days in 2010-11. The Gold Coast, traditionally the hub of tourism in Queensland, experienced the greatest boost to numbers, with a 12% increase in visitors.
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- How to Jam-Pack a Weekend on the Gold Coast
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Finding the Perfect Wedding Accommodation in Sydney
- The Best Beaches near Brisbane
- How to See Sydney Like a Local
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips