- Gold coast
What to do in Sydney over the Summer
Back to blog homepageDecember 3rd, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Summer in Sydney means school holidays, Christmas, festivals and lots of sun.
At this time of year, prices are higher than normal, so try to plan and book ahead. The school holidays mean that popular spots such as theme parks, resorts and beaches are likely to be packed with people, according to GoAustralia.
With average daily temperatures of 26°C, you will need to pack accordingly. Even at night, temperatures can be a warm 19°C.
Activities to enjoy in the summer include walking around areas such as the Royal Botanic Gardens, The Rocks, Hyde Park and the iconic Sydney Opera House. The high temperatures can mean an increased risk of bushfires, so be mindful if out walking in the bush and check for warnings before you set out.
It’s also a great time to try beach activities, for example surfing, or just spend time on the beautiful beaches without doing anything. Summer is a prime time for annual events in Sydney. Some of the festivals and events taking place during the summer months include the Sydney Festival, Sydney Fringe Festival and the Great Ferry Race.
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- How to Jam-Pack a Weekend on the Gold Coast
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Finding the Perfect Wedding Accommodation in Sydney
- The Best Beaches near Brisbane
- How to See Sydney Like a Local
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips