- Gold coast
What to do with just 24 hours in Brisbane
Back to blog homepageMay 15th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
Are you planning to do Brisbane in a day? Here’s what you need to know and where to go, according to Go Australia:
- Unlike cities such as Sydney, Brisbane lends itself to getting around by car.
- A map of the city will help you find your way around as well as being useful should you get lost . You can pick one up at the Visitor Information Centre at South Bank.
- If you love galleries, start early and take a quick stroll around the Queensland Art Gallery in Brisbane. The Queensland Museum is also well worth a visit.
- Across the road is another culture hit – the Queensland Performing Arts Complex, where you’ll find the city’s Concert Hall and two theatres.
- Next, head to the beautiful Brisbane Botanic Gardens in the afternoon. As these are located on Mount Coot-tha you can see a wonderful view of Brisbane from the top.
- Drive over to Wickham St in fortitude Valley to see the Old Windmill and Observatory.
- Finally, combine your evening meal with a ride down Brisbane River by choosing a dinner cruise. But don’t leave it too late for dinner – in Brisbane, the restaurants can close as early as 10pm.
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- How to Jam-Pack a Weekend on the Gold Coast
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Finding the Perfect Wedding Accommodation in Sydney
- The Best Beaches near Brisbane
- How to See Sydney Like a Local
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips